Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thoughts on Corona-cation

I really didn't think much about Covid-19 until about 2 weeks ago when a family friend and doctor messaged my husband to make sure he had a plan for me should I or one of the kids get sick. "I am immuno-deficient. Scleroderma/Lupus since 19 years old. So since that text, I have been on lock-down at home. Permitted only to go visit my parents also locked in at home. My house from here on out, is not the hangout!!!

The boys are harder to lock down. They have hung out with a few friends in the neighborhood in the front yard. Then they try to stay 6 feet away from me, bathe, It is a struggle when other aren't as concerned. Truthfully, if you are a healthy person and contract the disease, you should recover fine. but for those like me who have to be extra careful, must have their kids be extra c  areful too....no criticism to anyone is intended. Containing my oldest has been alost impossible. He oes fishing. Picks up food and sits in the car with friends to eat and talk...I do try to stay 6 feet from him since he won't listen... but its hard. I like a big hug from my kids everyday!

homeschooling 14 & 16 year olds has been ok. They get up work on the computer, finish their work and then are free to clean something if they are bored, They are all already autonomous learners. My students used to love computer days when they had more autonomy. I also felt those days would help prepare the kids for middle school, which i truly believe it did.if you are homeschooling little ones or the first time,  don't fr tget to take brain breaks Try GoNoodle... its on youtube  i think.

I need to move more. My hobbies include blogging, painting, netflix binging, and reading... all things done whjle sitting in your butt.....not good

Well, i am going to paint... happy wishes of good health and sanity! until next time... goodbye and stay well

No comments:

Post a Comment